The Brisbane Courier, QLD, Saturday 29th October 1904, page 12.
1904 ‘BRISBANE’S HISTORIC CHURCHES.—II.’, The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 – 1933), 29 October, p. 12, viewed 14 February, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article19329758
“BRISBANES HISTORIC CHURCHES. ST. MARY’S. KANGAROO POINT.”
“[…] The Rev. Mr. D. A. Court continued his able ministrations in the church, which had been so successfully built under his care, until death overtook him. During his ministry the church was presented with a handsome credence table by Mr. G. R. Suter; a stained glass window, representing the Crucifixion, presented by Bishop Tufnell; another representing the nativity, presented by Mr. C. C. Horrocks, in memory of his daughter Grace; and a third representing the Resurrection, presented by the Rev. D. A. Court, in memory of his father, who attained his 91st birthday on the day the church was consecrated. […]”
The Nativity, Crucifixion and Resurrection windows were made by Ferguson & Urie of Melbourne and were dedicated in the church on Sunday 14th November 1875.
The foundation stone for St Mary’s was laid by the Governor of Queensland, George Augustus Constantine, Marquis or Normanby, on the 29th of April 1872 and was consecrated on the 5th of November 1873. After significant storm damage in 1892, subsequent reconstruction included a two bay transept completed in 1893.
Photos courtesy of Mrs Noelle Nathan (taken 16th Oct 2011).