The Wesleyan church was opened on the 4th of January 1865. All glazing, including the principal four light window over the main entrance facing Punt road, were executed by the Ferguson & Urie stained glass company of Curzon Street North Melbourne.
As at 2011 or earlier, this church is now a block of apartments with original west window still extant in the façade. The location is in the vicinity of 272 Punt Rd, now zoned in the suburb of South Yarra.
“The opening of the new building erected for the accommodation of the congregation of the Wesleyan Church, Punt-road, Prahran, was celebrated last evening by a tea meeting, given by the ladies of the congregation, in the old church. About 500 or 600 persons took tea, after which a public meeting was held in the new building, Mr. J. Price, the commander of the Great Victoria, in the chair. The chair having been taken, the Rev. F. Neale read a brief financial statement, showing that the erection of the new church had cost on the whole about £2,350, of which £1,100 was yet unpaid. Addresses were then delivered by the Revs. D. J. Draper, J. Eggleston, J. Dare, and G. Mackie, and in the intervals of speaking several anthems were very well given by the choir of he church. The new building is a neat substantial-looking erection, in the perpendicular style; constructed of bluestone, with white brick and cement dressings, from the designs of Messrs. Crouch and Wilson, architects. The contractor for the building itself was Mr. Whatmough, and the glazing, including a very handsome window over the main entrance, and facing the road, was executed by Messrs. Ferguson and Urie. The opening sermons were preached on Sunday, the Revs. D. J. Draper, J. Taylor, and J. Dare preaching in the morning, afternoon, and evening respectively. The services were largely attended, some 800 persons being present in the evening. The building supplies comfortable sitting accommodation for 600 persons.”