1864 ‘NOTES AND NEWS.’, South Bourke Standard (Vic. : 1861 – 1873), 29 April, p. 2, viewed 13 February, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66905452
“A memorial window for H.R.H. the late Prince Consort has been erected in Trinity Church, Kew. It is a four-light window with tracery. The main lights contain figures of the four Evangelists, each surmounted with his emblem and a richly-foliated canopy. Under the figures are four subjects illustrating the birth, baptism, crucifixion and resurrection of our saviour. The principal compartment of the tracery is filled with a representation of our Saviour on a throne surrounded by seven cherubims. The other compartments are filled in with emblems, consisting of the Pelican feeding its young with its own blood, the Lamb and Banner, and the Alpha and Omega. At one end of the inscription at the bottom are the arms of Prince Albert, and at the other end the same, quartered with the Royal arms. The inscription runs thus:- “To the glory of the Most Holy Trinity, and in memory of his Royal Highness Prince Albert, Consort of Queen Victoria, who died A.D. 1861, this window was erected A.D. 1864.” Antique glass has been the material used, the richness of tone and color of which adds to the beauty of the design and workmanship. It has been produced at the works of Messrs. Ferguson and Urie, glass-stainers, Curzon street, North Melbourne, and the finished and superior style of workmanship reflects great credit on the firm”.
MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN.
TO THE GLORY OF THE MOST HOLY TRINITY AND IN MEMORY OF HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE ALBERT CONSORT OF QUEEN VICTORIA.